Upcoming Tech Events – October
There are some fantastic tech events coming up in October. Here are some that we recommend you add to your calendars.
When – October 3rd – 4th , Metro Convention Centre, Toronto.
SCREENS will focus on development for mobile devices and operating systems. If you’re in the mobile development space then this is the place you’ll want to be. The event includes, two full days of presentations, plus an optional day of workshops.
Bonus – Save 10% on tickets when you use discount code ‘MobileLL’. Direct link here.
Day Job Documentary
When – October 8th, TIFF Bell Light Box, Toronto.
Day Job Doc is a film that follows the gruelling process of three start-up companies in Toronto’s Extreme Startups Accelerator. The film explores the real life stories of these entrepreneurs as they build their idea into a startup company, each facing their own set of unique challenges over the intense 12-week program. In the heart of Toronto where many start-ups are born, Jeremy Potvin, (CEO of Shifthub), Jayesh Parmar (CEO of Picatic), and Nima Garidideh (CTO of Venio) reveal their stories of hardships, sacrifice, and perseverance as they realize that chasing their dream requires a 24/7 commitment.
For a chance to win tickets, go here.
Wavefront M2M WaveGuide – Opportunities in a Connected World (Toronto)
When – October 9th, Hart House, University of Toronto.
Join M2M leaders, Wavefront, Rogers, Sierra Wireless and T-Mobile for an engaging and interactive half day session!
‘Opportunities in a Connected World‘ will offer a deep dive into topics such as:
- Global insights on foreign M2M markets, partnership opportunities and deploying M2M solutions
- Available channel opportunities and revenue generating tools that enable success in this sector
- Expertise required to transform an innovative idea into a marketable M2M solution
- How to ensure your organization has the necessary components to accelerate an M2M solution to market
- Learn how M2M can help close Canada’s productivity gap
When – October 17th, Scotiabank Theatre, 259 Richmond Street West, Toronto.
AndroidTO exists with the purpose of being a place where the Android community can gather under one roof, connect, share ideas and make connections that matter. With so much on the horizon for Android and the beginning of ‘Android Everywhere’, it’s going to be an event well worth attending.
Lean Startup Machine Toronto
When – October 25th.
Lean Startup Machine is an intensive workshop to get paying customers in 3 days. You will learn the crucial techniques and tools to identify and test business risks, prove business viability, and get paying customers through hands-on customer development and MVP experiments.
The event is for any startup team, founder, entrepreneur or product person that is in search of building something that people actually want to use. If you’re looking for an intense experience that will forever change your life by teaching you lean methodologies then this is the place to be
Small Business Forum 2013
- When – October 27th.
- Small Business Forum 2013 is bringing together more than 2000 entrepreneurs and small business owners for the 14th annual Small Business Forum.
- Attend this year’s event and benefit from inspiring presentations, coaching sessions with seasoned entrepreneurs and facilitated networking sessions – all free!
- The event takes place at the Metro Convention Centre.
- More information.